Sunday, June 24, 2012

Copenhagen. Not tobacco. The City in Denmark.

Earlier than we'd been up all week, we awoke at 6:30 to catch a train to Copenhagen at 7:12. We were blessed with a rainy day and I wore the wrong attire for that occasion. I did have on jeans and my raincoat but my feet weren't as prepared as I would have liked them to be. We boarded the train, Jonas, Nanna, and myself, and headed out. It seemed like it was going to be a long ride but it really went by faster than I thought it would.







We arrived in Copenhagen and weren't sure what to do first. So, we got some breakfast in the train station. Then we headed to where the Parliament is located. Above are pictures of some of the ruins and inside the chamber. We also went to the Palace or Castle whichever floats your boat. It was beautiful inside and out. The detail that was put in to the decorating was beautiful. I'm extremely fascinated with how amazing the paintings are of the people inside. There was one of the family of the king and queen that was practically life-size. The detail in it was so right on.





After we left there, we went to some shops and an awesome bookstore. I've never seen a bookstore that literally contained books only. They didn't have any knick-knacks or anything but books. I was amazed. It was such an awesome place. I did buy a book too! After we finished up in the city, we hit the Metro to head to Christiana. Such a weird place. It was as if I'd stepped back in time to the 70s.


When we were leaving Christiana, it stopped raining. I was so thankful for that. We came back in to Copenhagen and took a cruise along the canal.




















After that, we went and sat on the steps of the Town Hall. We ate Burger King for dinner being really cultural.








The next day...All for sleep!