Thursday, October 11, 2012

So far I've stayed up too late and gone to concerts

The College Life: Staying Late and Going Early
Now, when they said college was staying up until stupid hours of the morning(night) and studying until you're unable to study any more, I looked at them and said, "Yeah okay." in the most sarcastic tone I could muster. Well, low and behold, half of it was true. Staying up until stupid hours of the morning just so happened to be the truth to that sentence. Studying, well, it still isn't taking over my life. Maybe it will one day since I am an engineering student, but for now it's about 2 hours a week at most. 
Back to the stupid hours; the problem is: IT'S LIKE A SLEEPOVER EVERY NIGHT. There are always opportunities for people to come hang out, talk, drink tea, and just chill. My dorm is the Honors dorm also known as the quietest dorm around. So if you're up late, everybody can pinpoint who it is. Once the party gets started, it lasts too long. But, the bright side, I usually am not as exhausted as I believe I should be for staying up until 2 am. 
Here's how it plays out: 
"Hey what are you doing later?"
"Oh, just thinking about doing some homework."
"Yeah I should too. Wanna come over? We can work together."
"Yeah that sounds fine."

Music plays, tea starts brewing, and the homework doesn't exist and the high life begins. The homeowork floats into no-where land... From my little roustabout dancing, to my Miss NOC contestant, to my basketball player who randomly shows up,  to my neighbor who throws me laffy taffy, the dorm life works out for me. Maybe I do stay up until random hours of the night talking, laughing, and watching Malcolm in the Middle while painting my nails, but I truly like the relationships developing. Being close to people is an incredible gift we've been granted in this lifetime. 

Now the other things I've been doing currently also contribute to my sleep lack. I tend to start listening to music, going to Pinterest, finding a pair of earrings I like, then I click on them. Etsy I hit, then I think, "Hey (insert person) would wear this. Hey when is their next concert?" Find out. Boom, tickets purchased for a concert on a Thursday night. I went to The Conservatory in Oklahoma City and saw The Classic Crime; a band I'd been wanting to see ever since Josh Reese introduced me to them. Not only were they there and about 3 feet in front of me, but they sounded as perfect as they could with the sound system. 

For upcoming shows at The Conservatory, click here.

Typing break. 
Here are some pictures. 


Bassist and lead vocals/guitar

Lead guitar and drummer
















Back in August, I found out Owl City was going to be in Kansas City, MO which was the closest he was going to be to Oklahoma in quite a while. That is, before he went to Europe. So, I being the genius I am, bought tickets for Nehemiah for his birthday. The concert wasn't until October 5... Well, that was about a week ago. We decided to go up to Kansas City early and go to Country Club Plaza and do some shopping. I decided in the midst of all the shops and people, I would definitely not mind living in Kansas City. We shopped at H&M, American Apparel, and Forever 21, ate at PF Changs and then went to wait in line for Owl City. We got our "X"s on our hands to prove we were minors that couldn't drink. They let us in and we rushed to get as close as possible. Thankfully for Spencer Reese, we made it. We were close enough to feel satisfied. Matthew Koma, Carly Rae Jepsen's boyfriend for all you Call Me Maybe fans, opened the show and at 9:01 the Adam Young appeared on the stage. I seriously almost passed out. I was giddy and he sounded soooo good! Enough of that, here are some pictures and links to the videos from the concert.




To see songs from the show: Owl City!











We made it home around 3 am and luckily we didn't have to work until 1 pm the next day. The concert was spectacular. Owl City seriously is a man of God who represents God's heart in a concert. He not only plays on secular radio, but he also on Christian radio. If I could spend a day in his brain, I would. He took a song completely with instrumental and said to the crowd, "This is your chance to get out of reality for a minute and visit that other place.." Hello?! How awesome is that. I noticed some people that I swear were worshipping. It was spectacular. 

To say the least, I've had a crazy beginning months here at college and I'm ready for the rest to fold out in front of me.