Friday, April 11, 2014

I Panic!-ed

Bandsintown is a good and bad thing for me. Good because it shows me what bands will be where and when. Bad for me because it shows me what bands will be where and when. I'd recently downloaded Panic! at the Disco's new album because of a spoof I watched on Youtube. Like most albums, some songs I like better than others of course. The middle schooler in me was happy to hear that they were going to be in Tulsa. I had a few select songs I killed when I was a wanna-be-scene 8th grader. Cheap tickets + a drive to Tulsa = Panic!

I texted Brad saying we would leave between 4:00 and 4:30. Someday people are going to figure out that when I give the "between times" period, I always mean the latter. Did we leave at 4:30? Nope, we left at 5:00. I'm notoriously not in contact with the thing called time.

Once we hit Tulsa, we went to park in a parking garage. Brad got to experience my fear of collapsing parking garages and ducking as we went up each level.

Searching for the Reynolds Center, we met a really cool couple. By met, I mean asked for directions. There was a Kings of Leon concert the same night and they were headed there. The guy was from Europe and his accent was highly coveted by the both of us. The woman asked where we were from and pronounced Tonkawa correctly the first time. We made the mistake of walking into a hotel to use the restroom and low and behold, there was a business conference going on. Tons of people in formal wear and then there was me: cut off jeans, ripped tights, and a crop top. I've never felt more out of place in my life. After discovering we were in the wrong place, we finally found the concert. Surrounded by people I am almost certain were middle school or freshmen, we were actually pretty close. 


The first band to play was Semi Precious Weapons. They weren't too bad. Brad was correct in saying the lead singer gave off a David Bowie vibe. Panic! came on and were flawless. They sounded so good. They played quite a few songs off of the new album and ended with I Write Sins Not Tragedies. You best believe middle school Holly was having a panic attack. (Pun definitely intended)


After, we got lost finding IHOP. How unusual is it to get lost in Tulsa? It's not. We made it out of Tulsa by getting lost again, but I had my QuikTrip tea to tide me over so I was a happy camper.

Concerts are just fun.

Until next time,
Holly Joy