Saturday, May 10, 2014

:: April Favorites ::

For the imagination: I'm about 100% failing at reading books. I'm still stuck on Insurgent and by stuck I mean I haven't read it in weeks. I've found countless poems, quotes, etc.. on Tumblr and imgfave but none I thought were worth sharing. I'm tired of the common sense quotes being photoshopped to look cool. They trick you into thinking, "Ah! This is profound..." then you realize, "Wait, I said that yesterday..." I guess for this month I'm just giving that little food for thought.


For the ears: As for music, you best believe I have something to give this month. Raeann brought a CD in from her car I had made for her in like, gosh, 8th grade? Freshman year? Point being, it was a long time ago. I got into a phase where I decided I was God's gift to making playlists and coloring on CDs so that's what my friends got for Christmas; plus I didn't have much money to go buy them actual cool things. Anyway, Raeann handed me the CD and I listened to it on my laptop. I sat there and giggled because I have no idea what thoughts were going through my head at the time. It had some seriously weird music on it. Usually I'm all about the weird music but this music shouldn't have existed. However, there was one song on there by a band called Artist Vs. Poet. I had completely forgot about them and really used to like their music. (Emphasis on the "used to"). They've turned into a techno-ish, high, squeaky voice band, which they probably were when I first discovered them. I did find a more chill, acoustic EP of theirs that I really like. It's called Sleep EP. Appropriate title if I do say so myself. It's only 5 songs but I really like them. Break is my favorite lyrically. You can listen to it here.



For the face: I don't like wearing a lot of foundation during the summer because it's heavy and I know this may sound nuts, but I am a human and I do this thing called sweating. I really don't like to have a shiny face and go through all of the steps to prevent smearing my make-up or all that jazz. So, I'd heard of setting spray and decided why not? I'll see how this goes. Mentally thinking I'd just wasted a whole $9. Not many places around here sell it (or I didn't think so at the time) but when I was in Washington D.C. one of my friends saw it in Urban Outfitters. I had been keeping my eyes peeled for some and walked right past it at the checkout. I bought it and hadn't really used it much until recently. It's a matte spray by NYX and it was worth every penny. Am I saying I don't get a shiny face at all? No, I mentioned early how ridiculously human I am. It does set your make-up very well and keep it lasting all day. It's sold at ULTA too which is closer to me! You can purchase it online here.

For the eyes: On a trip to OKC, I went to Target because I'm notorious at forgetting essentials items for spending the night places. I tend to always browse through makeup sections at stores and I did at Target. Bless their soul, I discovered e.l.f. cosmetics. It's makeup ranging anywhere from $1-$15. I decided to purchase their eye primer and I couldn't be happier. It gives a creaseless all day wear. It was only $3! Works like a charm. It's available at Walmart too! Check out their products here.





For the nose: Rue21 is a pro at making sure you get your perfume for $9.99, lemme tell ya. I don't even remember what I purchased besides the perfume but I picked out the bottle because it had flowers on it. I really didn't want it in the first place but the cashier asked, "Do you want to add a perfume for only $9.99?" and I got stuck and couldn't say no. However, it smells really good for $10 perfume. It's a very fresh scent and one I wear more for everyday scent.









These were my favorites for April! It sure did go by way too fast but I'm excited for all May has to offer!

Until next time,
Holly Joy