"Only in dreams is reality"
I wrote that down while I was working on lyrics to a song. It has yet to be finished but each time I think of dreams, that statement comes to mind with the little tune that popped into my head just as soon as I'd written them down. Believe what you may but as of last night, I've proved that statement to be extremely contradictory.
First I'm going to talk about the dreams we have where we are about to reach awake consciousness as opposed to the dreams we have that we work towards. Also known as the ones we don't control, or do we?
Do we really dream what we wish would happen?
Or do our dreams foreshadow what will happen?
What are dreams?
Thinking about dreams, usually they are either extremely real or crazily off the wall and acid trip-ish. (Even though I have no idea what that is like. Just guessing.) For me, there isn't a happy medium. And after I wake up, I'm mentally saying to myself, "Remember this. Remember this." but either I fall back asleep or I get up and I don't remember one aspect of anything that happened. Then later on in the day I'll be sitting doing something or having a conversation and it's as if time stops for a second and BOOM! Deja vu and I instantly think, "That happened in my dream!" And my dream comes rushing back to me...what are dreams?
WHY IS THE MIND SO AWESOMELY COMPOSED?!
(insert awesome brain picture here)
Second, you come to those dreams of complete consciousness; the dreams that you write down and work towards making them more than a dream but a goal.
Do we hinder our dreams by our insecurities of our capabilities?
Or do we get scared of the world holding us back?
What dreams have we given up on?
I sat in English class listening to my teacher talk about other journal topics to catch up if we were lacking the number of entries needed for an A and she said this question, "Do people live with unfulfilled dreams?" and right then and there, my mind began turning. That has to be one of the saddest things to do; live knowing your dream wasn't fulfilled. Except, there is no way anyone should ever give up on their dream. No way. No how.
I'm never giving up on the dream of becoming someone who changes the world.
I'm never giving up on the dream of being remembered.
I'm never giving up on you.
Because you'll never give up on me.