See You Later Oklahoma
I left Tulsa with no knowledge of where my bags were going to end up or how I was going to get to my next flight. I landed in Detroit and my first action was to ask where A60 was. I listed my plane number and the lady directed me towards the correct place.
A man behind me said, "Oh you're going to Paris?"
"Yes."
"So am I. I didn't think anyone from little ol' Tulsa would be going to big city Paris."
So there I was with a complete stranger walking towards my plane. Thoughts were rushing through my head. 'Do I trust this guy?' 'Should I tell him anything?' Turns out he was a very nice man. He was going to Paris for a work trip. His name was Steve for all you curious people out there.
The Detroit airport was actually really cool. They had a tunnel with changing colors and music playing. There were moving sidewalks and I almost busted it when I got on it the first time. Luckily, Steve missed my clumsiness. When I went to board the flight, it took a long while for me to get checked in. We barely made our flight too. They told us they were just getting ready to shut it down for the final security check. I was really hot and gross feeling once I boarded. I walked onto the plane and heard "Bonjour!".
Welcome to AirFrance. See Ya Later 'Merica.
I found my seat and opened the overhead compartment to put my carry-on bag in and it was full. So to my saving grace, a really nice Frenchman opened another compartment and I put my bag up safe and sound. The plane was huge! It was two seats by five seats by two seats across. There were about three different sections of the plane. At one point after dinner, we had to put our windows down so, I assume, we couldn't see the change of day/night or vice versa. Practically they tricked us into thinking it was a certain time. I did fall asleep in a very uncomfortable position but I was awakened to breakfast. Airline food isn't all that bad...or I was very hungry. I did get coffee. Bad decision. It was SO strong. Once we landed and got off the plane, I was in Paris. (Talk about stating the obvious there.) I went inside not knowing, once again, whether I needed to go find my luggage. So boom! There was a desk that read INFORMATION above it. I b-lined for it.
"No ma'm. No need to worry. Your luggage is headed for BLL"
The best words I've heard in a long time. I got my mind cleared about my luggage but now I had to get to a terminal clear across the span of the airport.
Gate C. Bus N2. Headed to Terminal G.
It was actually easy to locate. I was in Terminal G for quite a while. I was supposed to have a 4 hour layover, but had I not been delayed on my flight, it would've only amounted to 2.5 hours.
To Denmark and Beyond...
Once I hit the plane for Denmark, I was dead asleep. I arrived in Denmark in what seemed a very short time. I got my luggage...Not the happiest camper in the world. It was broken on the bottom. Then I headed through the doors to see Nanna.
THERE SHE WAS! I seriously had to control my eyes from producing happy tears. I met her mom and off we went into Denmark. On the ride home, we stopped at a grocery store and I met one of Nanna's friends. Then we were at her house.
| The front door to Nanna's house. |
| Pansies are really common. If I knew the Danish name, I'd try to tell you. |
The Poulsen's Humble Abode
Once we got to Nanna's house, I got situated and took a tour of the house. Custom here is to take off your shoes once you walk inside depending on how close to the person you are.
So let me break it down...
You walk in and there are shoes, and coats, and a normal entry way for the most part. Then to the left is Nanna's mom's room and to the right is the restroom. Inside the restroom is the washer and hot water tank plus the normal bathroom necessities. Once you're out of the hallway, you enter into the kitchen. To the left is the dining table and straight ahead through the kitchen is Nanna's room. The living room is just past the dining room and then there is a small patio. Outside is a small yard and plants. This house is so cute. It's mostly white with accents of green through pillows. The ceiling is wood which is really cool. The house has a fresh feeling about it.
![]() |
![]() |
| More like stream. |
A river according to Danes... or Å. I think.
-------->
-------->
Once I was welcomed, Nanna and I took a walk around her town. Those are the things that caught my eye. Her small town of Lunderskov is perfect for pictures.
I didn't take many pictures of the actual train tracks but that is a water tower that used to be used for the trains.

