Friday, June 8, 2012

Thank You.


It's gonna be wild! It's gonna be great! 
I've got a plan for you...

Mom: Thank you. For all the times you've done things for me before even thinking twice, for supporting me in everything I set my mind to, for me getting that from you. Thank you for putting up with me getting home late and waiting up for me. I can't say thank you enough. Thank you isn't enough for teaching me to be myself no matter the situation, to listen to others, and voice what I believe. And for always telling me I'm good enough. I won't forget it. You're the best mom. I love you this much. 

Dad: I'm not sure if you'll ever read this...but I'm sure mom will show you. Thank you for being the dad who I could just sit down and start talking to and you'd listen. Thanks for paying attention to small details of itty bitty things that needed fixed or changed. (like the car oil.) I'm sorry I've confiscated your car... It's a beauty though. Black Beauty for life. Gets great highway miles. Oh and thanks for changing every watch battery known to man and being the gluer, fixer, awesome dad. I love you.

Nehemiah Reese: Thank you for being there. Thank you for showing God to me in a way I hadn't seen. For my rants where your ear comes close to falling off, thank you for listening. To the times when I get frustrated with you, thank you for not taking me seriously. For the good times and the bad, thank you for knowing how to respond. Thank you for being stylish. Thank you for bringing me flowers. Thank you for insisting on paying. Thank you for going out of your way to open my door. Thank you for telling me good night. Thank you. From starting as a joke, it sure has become real. You're my boy.

Nanna Poulsen: What can I say? I WISH more than anything you could have been here with me for my senior year but you being here my junior year and the summer time made the difference. I never thought I'd be traveling to a different country just to see someone. And that is my sole purpose...but wow. I love you. I can't even begin to fathom how awesome it is that God brought you into my life. We had so much in common it still shocks me. I mean come on, our favorite color was the same. I cannot wait to see you.

Pastor Derrick Marshall: My Pastor! Thank you for pushing my walk with God. Because of you, I've increased Spiritually. You've poured into me so much knowledge my brain could explode. I'm so grateful that you came to little ol' Tonkawa. You're a God-send. And I love my pastor. But... you got some weird observations on outfits. My cheese pants and looking like a nurse. Maybe now that you got your eyes fixed you'll be able to see better. I kid.

Josh: Oh Joshy. Let's just get this out of the way. It's weird calling you Pastor so don't expect it. But here goes, I look up to you. I think you're an awesome man of God and PLC next year is gonna be pretty rad...just saying. I promise to come mess up your line of cologne and deodorant on a weekly basis. Deal? 

The Band (Emily Stinson, Braden Lampe, Rod Marler, Dalton White, Caleb Reese, Paige Klinger, and Josh Hernandez): I LOVE you guys. Seriously. Playing with you guys makes my day brighter. Emily, you're voice! Don't stop. Braden, thanks for yelling chords to me all the time. Rod, it's amazing how we're able to have breaks and not know it's coming...and I don't even look at you. Dalton, you've come so far. It's amazing to see the change in you. Caleb, I love looking over and you have a blank look on your face as if you're singing the wrong thing when your harmony is always awesome. Paige, you get me. You know what I'm thinking by one look. That amazes me. Josh Hernandez, you're hilarious.  And very touchy. You're the best at running those words. 

Racheal: Ah what to say to my baby girl? From nights of crashing on your couch, to late driving, to fro yo, and songwriting, I love you. I couldn't imagine what it'd be like without knowing you. We're going to go far together. I'm beyond blessed to call you my best friend. You've pushed me to be a better person whether you know that or not. I can't wait to see what God does with you. If you ever feel to busy, I'm always open for a sit down. AND, I will be at as many Roustabout shows as possible. I promise. P.S. I'll continue to take your phone...just so you're warned.

Chantel Ortiz: If it weren't for you that Sunday morning asking me to attend Terra Nova, I probably wouldn't be where I am right now. You planted a seed and it's growing. I know you probably have seen more of the fruits but, I give credit to you for asking me to come. From coming that one time, to getting plugged in, to joining the band...it grew. Thank you.

Kaitlin Glasgow: We go way back. Literally, to paint sets and bunk beds. Those were the days. I'm so upset you're getting out of Tonkawa and going to Stillwater without me. I WILL come visit you...and don't forget about me when I come to Stillwater. I love you. Your sense of humor brightened my day. You're a great woman and don't ever let the world tear you down or tell you otherwise. You've got ideas; let them out. Be you.

Chris Richardson: Thank you for helping me find me. (Cliché huh?) Without you, I don't know if I would have had confidence to sing in front of people...or known songwriting was one of my passions...or ever tried to write lyrics. You always listened. If ORU just had chemical engineering, I'd be headed to Tulsa. You're going to do big things. Somewhat ironic taking that you're in Vietnam teaching it up. Seriously though, you really opened my eyes.

Colby Love: I don't know where to start here. Thank you for being you. You're mean but I still put up with you. Just kidding, you weren't mean. You were just being Colby. Thanks for making me coffee/tea. I'm glad you're staying in Tonkawa but don't think that means I'm going to do your work...you've got your girl for that. (Just kidding Erin. You're too cool!) Really though, I'm proud of you. I'm proud that you've stepped up to be a man of God and you're becoming what you're called to be. You're going to go far...and you've got style.

Deborah Ann: I guess I don't ever call you that, huh? Thanks for being there. You seriously always seemed to be in the right place at the right time to give encouragement, an uplifting smile, or a silent reassurance. I wish I was going to be on the court with you next year. I missed it my senior year. We killed each other a lot... I can't wait to see what God's got in store for you. I'll come to the games...Promise!

Josh Holdman: It's cool we became friends this year. And it's even cooler you're coming to church now! But, thanks for always taking our picture after fifth hour. I think I can say we're thankful you did! Thanks for telling me when you got answers on math problems that I hadn't done yet. It saved me time. PLC next year. And movie class. Yeah, I'm guessing we'll be seeing a lot of each other.


I'm sure I missed someone. It's late. The order isn't any specific either. Don't get offended. 

Here's my graduation speech for those who missed it:

Four years.
Four years that slipped through the figurative fingers of our generation. How we started out is far from how we are ending. The seventy-five classmates we began with are now fifty-five.
The scared are now prepared; the shy have gained boldness; the mute voice their thoughts; the worldly transformed spiritually and the carefree became careful…Careful to take the next step.
The next step.
Where do our feet plan to take us after we’ve received our four-year achievement? For some, it may be directly into a career and for others we’re back to the books for more schooling.
But, in the reality spectrum, no matter where we’re headed, it’s another stage of living; another building block to assemble our abilities given to us by the One greater than us; another chance to be whoever we want to be.
Another chance.
To become the unthinkable, to tackle the task ahead, to rise above the normalcy of the generations past and generations to come, to change the world…nothing is too extreme to conquer the dreams we continue to dream.

If I could be anything I wanted to be,
The road ahead could carry me,
I’d not grow weary with steadfast faith.
He has prepared a way for you.
The question is what will you do?
When times get rough and fear is present,
Will the future suffer for times unpleasant?
Giving in is not a choice.
Stay vigilant and keep your poise.
The way is narrow but not is your mind.
In seeking your days, be kind.
Don’t boast of unhappiness.
Replenish the wounds of the world with righteousness.
Men and women of valor we are,
Class of 2012, we are going to go far.

That's all folks...





Don't pay attention to the video. Just listen to the song.