Mexican Monday:
Raeann and I had the ingredients to make salsa and guacamole. We decided to hit that up. I use a recipe that my boyfriend's mom uses. It's heaven in a dip of salsa. No joke. Raeann cut up the avocados, added the tomatoes, and it was delicious. Don't forget the salt though. She never forgets the salt. It's her favorite. And she isn't used to sharp knives. She's cut her hand twice but luckily we the red in the guacamole was tomato and not her scarlet red hemoglobin.
In making the salsa, I had a slight catastrophe. We purchased a reduced package of jalapeños. tomatoes, and Serrano peppers at our grocery store in hopes of making the salsa fresher. I decided, the bright one that I am, to try the Serrano pepper. I was sure death was in the future minute. It wasn't the flavorful hot; it was sheer temperature death. But, we like the spicy so I added half of it to the salsa. It really made a kick of goodness rather than torture. Although little did I know, even after I washed the juice off of my hands with soap and water, I touched my lips. Why? I don't know. My lips looked like I'd spent hours out in the cold without chap stick. And the pain was excruciating. (Maybe not necessarily excruciating but it hurt like nothing I've felt on my lips before.) I did look like a clown also.
When making Mexican food, adding a little cumin and chili powder to just about anything makes all the difference. I'm not kidding. I turned butternut squash risotto into Mexican rice. With one package of risotto, a fresh Roma tomato, a pinch of cumin, and a pinch of chili powder I had that crap made like no other.

The taco meat in case you weren't sure what that was. I'm kidding. If you were unsure of what that was, I'm sorry for your childhood.
Tuesday: SPAGHETTI? Might as well. There's not much to say as to cooking and ingredients. It was quite simple. Boil those noodles, add that sauce with meat and mushrooms. Toast some bread, butter it, and lightly sprinkle garlic powder on to it. Voila! You're practically Italian.
Wednesday: I actually decided to get out of bed and have some coffee.
Fish Friday:
Tilapia on a bed of sautéed greens drizzled (I love that word) with chili infused olive oil. Hush puppies on the side.
This was a very spur-of-the-moment dinner. We knew we decided to have fish but I concocted the rest of the meal. I googled how to make hush puppies and found Paula Dean's recipe for them. I added jalapeño just for fun. They were really easy to make!
The tilapia was coated in flour, dipped in egg wash, and coated in a mixture of corn meal and fish seasoning.
The veggie bed was sautéed in coconut oil and season salt. It consisted of asparagus, baby kale, and spinach. This meal definitely had the best presentation but the fish needed some hot sauce for a kick. We used hot sauce from Taco Mayo... It really added what was missing.
So there are my meals for the week. I don't know if this cooking spree will continue on, but as of right now, I enjoy it. It's fun to make up new things and try to figure out what seasonings go with what. Low and behold, I'm in touch with my inner woman. Congratulations Nehemiah.
Raeann and I had the ingredients to make salsa and guacamole. We decided to hit that up. I use a recipe that my boyfriend's mom uses. It's heaven in a dip of salsa. No joke. Raeann cut up the avocados, added the tomatoes, and it was delicious. Don't forget the salt though. She never forgets the salt. It's her favorite. And she isn't used to sharp knives. She's cut her hand twice but luckily we the red in the guacamole was tomato and not her scarlet red hemoglobin.
In making the salsa, I had a slight catastrophe. We purchased a reduced package of jalapeños. tomatoes, and Serrano peppers at our grocery store in hopes of making the salsa fresher. I decided, the bright one that I am, to try the Serrano pepper. I was sure death was in the future minute. It wasn't the flavorful hot; it was sheer temperature death. But, we like the spicy so I added half of it to the salsa. It really made a kick of goodness rather than torture. Although little did I know, even after I washed the juice off of my hands with soap and water, I touched my lips. Why? I don't know. My lips looked like I'd spent hours out in the cold without chap stick. And the pain was excruciating. (Maybe not necessarily excruciating but it hurt like nothing I've felt on my lips before.) I did look like a clown also.
When making Mexican food, adding a little cumin and chili powder to just about anything makes all the difference. I'm not kidding. I turned butternut squash risotto into Mexican rice. With one package of risotto, a fresh Roma tomato, a pinch of cumin, and a pinch of chili powder I had that crap made like no other.

The taco meat in case you weren't sure what that was. I'm kidding. If you were unsure of what that was, I'm sorry for your childhood.
And the final result. Tacos with our meat, arugula, cilantro, fresh tomatoes, fresh avocados, cheese, salsa, and hummus. Add the refried beans, Spanish risotto, and our guac and Mexican Monday was complete!
Tuesday: SPAGHETTI? Might as well. There's not much to say as to cooking and ingredients. It was quite simple. Boil those noodles, add that sauce with meat and mushrooms. Toast some bread, butter it, and lightly sprinkle garlic powder on to it. Voila! You're practically Italian.- Greek honey yogurt with granola and blueberries
- Blueberry bagel with strawberry cream cheese
- Coffee with hazelnut creamer
For dinner, it was supposed to be "fend for yourself" night. We had a guest over so I decided to go ahead and make dinner. I bought crescent rolls and turkey pepperoni. I rolled the crescent rolls stuffed with pepperoni and Colby jack cheese and made some scrumptious dinner rolls. Thanks to Chris for helping with dinner! And donating ginger ale for the next day.
Thursday: Chicken Alfredo please?
Raeann purchased alfredo sauce at Walmart a few days prior so we decided to make chicken alfredo. I cooked the chicken, added arugula and asparagus, and the sauce. After the noodles were finished boiling, we added the sauce to the noodles and enjoyed. I promise cooking is so much simpler than I thought.
The ginger ale is raspberry flavoured and Chris purchased it at Food Pyramid. Raeann was skeptical about it and I finished hers off. I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Fish Friday:
Tilapia on a bed of sautéed greens drizzled (I love that word) with chili infused olive oil. Hush puppies on the side.
This was a very spur-of-the-moment dinner. We knew we decided to have fish but I concocted the rest of the meal. I googled how to make hush puppies and found Paula Dean's recipe for them. I added jalapeño just for fun. They were really easy to make!
The tilapia was coated in flour, dipped in egg wash, and coated in a mixture of corn meal and fish seasoning.
The veggie bed was sautéed in coconut oil and season salt. It consisted of asparagus, baby kale, and spinach. This meal definitely had the best presentation but the fish needed some hot sauce for a kick. We used hot sauce from Taco Mayo... It really added what was missing.
So there are my meals for the week. I don't know if this cooking spree will continue on, but as of right now, I enjoy it. It's fun to make up new things and try to figure out what seasonings go with what. Low and behold, I'm in touch with my inner woman. Congratulations Nehemiah.

