We departed Friday March 15th at about 2 in afternoon. Granted I didn't start packing until the night before and finished about an hour before we left. Raeann and I followed Regina and Kate to Stillwater where we got into the van for our departure. Regina's friend Haley joined the crew as did Regina's sister. We were quite packed in the minivan. Not to the point of uncomfortable but imagine six girls all bringing two bags full of stuff. Plus, girls always over pack so there's that for your imagination. We started off towards our Spring Break adventure! Regina drove us all the way to Fort Worth where we were blessed to stay with her aunt. It was around 5 or so hours to get there and we had about 6 or more left. Regina's sister was staying with her aunt so we gained a little more room losing her stuff from the van. Once settled into the house, we practically fell asleep before our heads hit the pillow and were awakened with breakfast waiting for us. We set out again and after what seemed like forever, made it to the bridge. Being about two miles from your destination but those two miles taking 30 minutes is torture. Seriously, I don't know that I've ever seen so many cars in my life. FINALLY we saw the Padre sign. It was a happy relief.
The town was filled with honking, yelling, and tons of cars. We made it to our hotel and checked in. Our first problem: we had reservations for four people but had 5. He told us if we were able to give the deposit in cash, he would brush the extra charge for another person. Regina's mom saved the day by giving Regina cash. We all paid our share and went to the room. It was a really nice set up for the price we paid. Our first weird encounter of Padre did happen this first night. We ran into men dressed as women. They told one of us they wanted to "skin us and wear us"...
WELCOME TO PADRE!
Day 1: We spent the majority of our time on the beach. Raeann and I went out searching the island. Whistles, honking, and yelling were constant as we walked from tourist shop to tourist shop.
| Outside our hotel |
| And the ocean.... |
Day 2: We had more beach time. Seriously sitting and reading on the beach was the highlight of my time. We went out on the town for dinner. Ate at a fish place. Who would've guessed that one?
| Raeann |
| Regina! |
Day 3: More beach time and then we went to Coca Cola Beach. This is the party spot of the whole island. It was packed like crazy and the drunk people accounted for, this is where they were. It amazed me how people made complete fools of themselves. Really sad too...
I thought this was a jellyfish but thanks to one of my Instagram followers, I was informed it was a Portuguese Man o' War. Go read about them; they're quite interesting. Read more here!

Day 4: We ended up back at Coca Cola Beach. It wasn't as crowded as the last time but Raeann and I still disappeared to find sea shells. We went back to the room to shower and go on our adventures for the memorable part of the trip...
![]() |
| Right after I got my nose pierced. |
I never thought the blood was going to stop after he pierced my nose. It seriously gushed. I have never had that much blood come from my nose ever...
![]() |
| Regina getting her helix pierced. It ended up too cute! |
And Raeann. She got her dream tattoo. The white ink cross on the back of her neck. She was scared out of her mind at the beginning but towards the middle of it, she said it didn't hurt at all. Her adrenaline had been wasted.





