Saturday, June 22, 2013

Summer Favorites: Food Edition


I’ve recently begun my journey on the green smoothie train. Pictured above is my first attempt at one. It tasted really good but it wasn’t as green as I expected it to be. It was quite tasty though. I threw in some red leaf lettuce, celery, apple, strawberries, a splash of cranberry juice, and cucumber. Put some water in it and voila! My green smoothie was in action.




My next obsession is infusing water with all different fruits. I’m in love. I’ve infused with strawberries, pineapple, and blackberries so far. Oh and lemon of course. I’ve got a few recipes for infused water that I’m going to try and I’ll let you know how those work out!
Oklahoma never fails to bring random weather. It was a little storm to say the least but brought some hail and beautiful clouds. Then, the hail melted within twenty minutes of falling.








I’ve started an herb garden. I’ll blog about it soon enough but here is a little pre-post of what’s to come.