Saturday, July 6, 2013

July Favorites

First off, I have a pet peeve about the word obsession. When I hear it or use it, it has a bad connotation. It's something that is taking you away from what you should be focusing on. I really like how Webster's Dictionary defines it broadly:


ob·ses·sion

noun \äb-ˈse-shən, əb-\
1
: a persistent disturbing preoccupation with an often unreasonable idea or feeling; broadly : compelling motivation obsession
   For the eyes: 
If you ask me, that’s a pretty rough definition. I don’t usually watch TV per say, but Netflix is where it’s at. One evening, Nehemiah started watching a series called Scrubs. I hesitated to like it; I just didn’t think it was very funny. However, we have completed all nice seasons. It’s such a good show. I just really like it. I’m not sure what I’m going to watch now. I might jump on the Arrested Development train or Parks and Recreation. Who knows?

For the ears:
As for music, Paramore’s new CD has hit the spot. My friend Racheal hooked me up with it and I’m listening to it while I write this. It’s so different but it’s a good change for them. It sucks that they lost two guys but they’ve compensated with a new sound. Hayley’s voice sounds different but all is for the good. I like the new sound. My favorite track right now has to be Still Into You. (That was a hard decision.) If you wanna hear it, click here.



For the nose:
Smelling good is one of my everyday goals in life. I do that with the help of body wash and lotion. (Imagine that being read in a commercial, “I’m trying to sell you this” tone.) A few weeks, days, hours, I don't remember how long, Nehemiah and I traveled to Enid. He had work to do so he dropped me off at the mall. My first stop was JcPenney’s. I made a haul! After a couple other stores, I walked past Bath and Body Works. They’re were having their semi-annual sale of the year. Their regular sized lotions and body washes were $3! No your eyes didn’t deceive you. The three wick candles were $5! It was too good to pass up, but stupid me, didn’t buy anything but a lotion and a body wash. I purchased the Lemon Vanilla. It’s funny how a scent can take you back to memories. It’s a very summery smell that reminds me of late nights driving around. My car smelled like it for a while because I liked it so much. I’m falling back into my old ways.

In terms of “falling into my old ways”, I’ve encountered a throw back. I went to my parents’ house to dig in their linen closet. On my trek for discovery, I found a Conair hair beader. I put a dread in my hair a few months (4 months to be exact) back and what better way to maintain it but with beads! It began. I’ve changed the beads only twice but it’s so much fun to have beads in my hair. I know that’s very childlike of me but they won’t be there forever and they’re super easy to remove. Just let me enjoy this piece of immaturity. 

I've got a lot more blogs coming this week. I've decided to start scheduling them. I know, what a great idea, right? 

Stay Classy,

hj