Thursday, March 13, 2014

Stores and Shows


I went to a show and some stores, looky there! It was a free show and I didn't know any of the bands so I knew I was in for a trip. Little did I know I should have been tripping in order to enjoy what these bands were packing. (I'm joking; I don't condone drug usage) They were good in a weird way. The bands were Birdflower, (I am highly partial to this band name. It's adorable in every way), Def Rain, and Treasure MammaL. Before we left, I looked them up and you know it's gonna be an interesting time if you can't find anything on the bands besides Facebook pages or poorly made videos.  


Of course we were early to the city so we walked around Bricktown and got Starbucks because, I'm white and I enjoy my Skinny Vanilla Lattes with raspberry syrup. Judge me, I dare you. It was way too cold to be walking around but we did so anyway. We went to a candy store and a few other stores I'm sure will become my favorites.


Bricktown Candy Co
The candy company was somewhat old fashioned and they had AAA soda. Definitely a winner in my book. They also had gelato and tons of saltwater taffy. I resisted though. You never know how much self control you have until you walk into candy store. 


Shop Good
Shop Good and Plenty: Life and Style Mercantile were two of the stores we visited. Shop Good is a store inside of a refurbished house. They have lots of Made in Oklahoma items and encourage local shopping rather than shopping from large companies. 

"We value what's classic, well-made and long-lasting over flimsy fashion that's easily discarded, because we value the worth of the lives and livelihoods behind each piece of cloth. It's important to us that our products and price points inspire and empower our customers to spend thoughtfully, since saving a few dollars can often come at a high and environmental cost."



I bought a necklace there and let me tell you, deciding what to buy from there was so hard. They have many things I wanted to buy and set around that imaginary house of mine. If you want to haunt them, click the link above. They have practically all the social media sites. I highly recommend their Instagram, but I'm like a toddler who just looks at pictures in a book. 
Plenty Mercantile


Plenty Mercantile was quite a bit bigger than Shop Good but still equally as cool. They had a lot more product to browse through, but we hit them up right as they were closing. Definitely enough time for me to buy something though. I walked in and was immediately drawn to a child's book. (I told you I like to look at the pictures like a toddler...) We looked as much as we could without being those customers who won't leave.




By the time we left Plenty Mercantile, my stomach was about to eat itself so we went to eat. We ended up at a quaint little place called Saturn Grill. Their menus were plastic and the tables were really cool too. I ended up getting seafood stew and Brad got a portabello sandwich of some sort. Looked tasty! 








We noticed too late that they had brewed ginger ale of different flavors. They asked us if we wanted a drink to go but we decided against it. Best believe I'll be going back to get some of that.

We headed to the show and walked into either a Blackmilk clothing catalog or Woodstock. I'm still unsure of which. I wore floral tights, boots, a flannel, and a band tee and felt out of place, as in, I wasn't dressed weirdly enough. It's awesome to go to a place where all different types of people congregate. There were the girls that looked like they were in a sorority and the girls who had unnaturally coloured hair and clunky-heeled shoes. Guys ranged equally as such; more masculine though. No men in high heels luckily.  



The first band to play was Birdflower. I wish I was able to explain what these bands were in terms of a genre. I guess it'd almost be like trance. Or something ultra hippy-like. I feel like those are both poor descriptions. The next band was Def Rain. This pair was just funny to see together. A small girl and a big Mexican man that looked old enough to be her dad. The last and final band was Treasure MammaL. They were really cool. The energy was super hyped and they had two band members just for dancing in the crowd. Best believe I would be a part in that band for just that reason.


This was my friend I met in the bathroom stall. I've named him Albert. No, I'm totally kidding. About the name, that is. This was actually in the bathroom stall. That was complete honesty. 


Until next time,
Holly Joy